Saturday, January 22, 2011

Hey, party people

While most of you are out doing fun stuff, I'm kicking it low this saturday night. Basically, I'm getting serious with this trip; packing, reflecting, unpacking, reflecting, packing, unpacking, contemplating etc. 

Haha, just kidding.


Juuust fooling around as always. Yeah... I have no life now a days. Thanks for the reminder.


I like being in the bathroom because it doesn't look like this:

Or even worse:

I hate packing so intensely. INTENSELY.

I prefer


or even, EVEN






over

Any day.



I managed to book my bus pass, though, so something good Did come out of this nightly escapade. My choice is the Greyhound Australia bus company, as I've heard some great reviews about it. Not to mention that it suits my budget (cheap, cheap, cheap)!

As mentioned earlier, I'll do my travelling along the east coast of Australia. Cairns will be my starting point, and hopefully I'll end up in Melbourne before my flight departures!

I won't stop at every red dot, obviously, but it's nice to have the option.
What you see in the picture is my given route. Where I choose to hop on and off, or stay longer for the matter, will depend on my future current mood. Or my degree of motion sickness at that time.

When I act like all spontaneous and stuff, it's bound for either awesomeness or total disaster. Nothing in between, unfortunately.

5 comments:

  1. This sounds awesome! I hope to go on a journey like that someday myself! If I only had the guts to do something like that all by myself!
    Do you have some friends on that side of Australia? Why did you choose to go to Australia, btw?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment! Love it.

    I suggest that you just pack'em bags and go, thihi:) I was hesitant at first (and still am a little bit), but all I really needed was a push (more like someone to practically plan out my flight itinerary and tell me that this trip has to happen, or else I'll regret it for eternity). Maybe you need something like that too? The second you have the time and the money, go, go, go!

    I don't know anyone in Australia, but I have always really wanted to go there. The wildlife and scenary really fascinates me. The laid back attitude among the locals is also something I find appealing:) Sure, the culture is western and stuff so not much new stuff there, but other than that, the diversity of the country is jaw-dropping. I bet that I won't get many opportunities to be away for so long, nor travel in this matter with no strings attached (school and such that is). So Australia is the perfect choice, as one month there just won't do!

    Another kind of important factor to why I choose Australia is that it's recommended to first-time travellers. Dad is worried sick, and he wouldn't even let me go if I wanted to travel to South-America by myself. It's a pretty safe country to wander alone from place to place. It's very popular among backpackers, so I'll most definitely run into other people in my position as well, something I find reassuring.

    I also hope that I'll get to know all kinds of different people, something I believe will make me grow more as a person, and see things in another perspective:) I believe that you will get the most of such an experience when travelling alone (or depends on the one you might travel with, actually).

    Sorry, this was a really long post...

    Where would you like to travel if you had the chance?:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely believe that you will grow as a person, I'm sure you will learn a lot! Especially since you have to be so independent being all alone in a new place. I'm looking forward to reading more from/about your trip, and perhaps I also will learn intersting things about Australia (which I know little about).

    I have never really thought about going to Australia, to me it's like a dessert-like island with kangaroos and surfers on the coast :P But I would like to see New Zealand, the nature there seems beautiful! And China! But I think it would be a real challenge because of the language... And India! But perhaps I will think about Australia if I deside to do something like you do. After all, it's not that far away from New Zealand and it wouldn't be hard to stop in China either.

    When are you leaving, and when are you going to Australia?

    Again, looking forward to reading more! Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It IS really like a dessert-like island with surfers on the coast. Especially the surfer part, as I'll spend my time on the east coast. Looking forward to some lazy days on the beach, and some extreme sport activities if I ever get into it.

    I really wanted to go to New Zealand as well, but it just won't do with my budget. Guess I have to go back to Oceania! Thiih...I really want to go everywhere. It would be cool if you made it to China, NZ, Oz or India some time!

    I'm leaving 1. february (omg, just a week from now), and heading to the land down under the 14. feb.

    So stressed about everything, but I think it'll be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you try surfing, write a blog post about it!

    Well, my first priority is probably China, I've allways wanted to go there...

    Wow! I bet you're nervous! And, I definitely believe it's worth it! Good packing ;)

    ReplyDelete